About Dr. Shanthala Thuppanna
Dr. Shanthala Thuppanna
Gynaecological Endoscopic Surgeon and Robotic surgeon
Dr. Shanthala Thuppanna working as consultant gynecological laparoscopic surgeon at Sakra Hospital, Bengaluru, India.
She have done under graduation from Mysore medical college , post-graduation from Kasturba medical college Mangalore, MAHE university, in Obstetrics and gynaecology.and later underwent training in gynaecologic oncology in Kidwai institute of oncology and joined Fellowship in gynaecologic endoscopy and got degree from Rajeev Gandhi university of health science. Bengaluru.Later wentto University of kiel,Germany Jun2012 and got Diploma in gynaecological endoscopy degree and clinical observership in gynaecological oncology at segal cancer centre got trained in robotics also ,Montreal Canada.Have level I training in Ultrasonography.
MBBS – From Mysore medical college,Mysore university,started in 1994 November and completed internship in KR hospital cheluvemba hospital ,Mysore.
MS (Obstetrics and Gynaecology)- From Kasturba hospital Mangalore ,MAHA university joined in 2001 and completed in year 2004
Fellowship in Gynaecological Endoscopy – From Ramesh hospital, Rajeev Gandhi university of health science in year 2009. Diploma in Gynaecological Endoscopy – From University of Kiel, Germany. In year 2012
Clinical Observership in Gynaecological Oncology Department of Gynecologic oncology in segal cancer centre,Montreal, Canada. March 2014 and got trained in robotics.
- Presented paper on Comparative study of single layer closure of uterus with double layer closure with or without peritoneal closure in cesarean section in AICOG in 2004 at Agra (U P/India) during post graduation.
- Presented on Double primary in gynaecological malignancy-A profile heldat 17thAnnual conference of the association of gynaecologic oncologists of India in 2008 at Hyderabad.
- Invited faculty at RAGE international conference on gynaec endoscopy, at Bengaluru on Oct 2010 and AICOG Nov 2010.
- Invited faculty at international conference ICON at Coimbatore December 2012 and demonstrated live gyne laparoscopic surgery.
- Invited faculty for Indian gynaecological laparoscopic association conference 2013 at Bangalore.
- She was a National level KHO-KHO player with 4 gold medals.
- Member of FOGSI and Indian gynaecological laparoscopic association.
- Awarded International gynaecologic cancer society scholarship for clinical observership programme at segal cancer centre at Montreal, Canada.
Milestones at BEAMS HOSPITAL Bangalore
At beams hospital doing more than 30-40 cases of removal of fibroid and uterus laparoscopically every month, since 2011.
- Removed successfully huge uterus with many fibroids measuring 2500gm laparoscopically.
- Successfully removed big fibroid (About 9 month pregnant size) in unmarried girl laparoscopically.
- Women in whom big fibroid ( 8 months pregnant size fibroid )was removed laparoscopically ,conceived naturally and underwent Cesarean and had healthy baby with us.view site
Work experience at previous hospital.
- Served in Mercara district hospital ,Coorg. And conducted lot of complicated Obstertic and Gynecological procedures.
- At kidwaicancer centre done and assisted hundreds of women cancer related procedures like radical hysterectomy for cancer cervix, cancer endometrium and staging for ovarian cancer and managed chemotherapy for such patients.
- At Ramesh Laparsocpic hospital use to perform and assisted more thanhundred laparoscopic gynec procedures every month. I have done more than 2000 laparoscopic procedures like hysterectomy(removal of uterus) ,Myomectomy ( Fibroid removal), ovarian Cystectomy, sling procedures.
- Received Kempagowda award on Kempegowda Jayanti 2016 for the service rendered in the medical field.